|Mortuary in Camarillo:||(805) 482-1166|
|Mortuary in Thousand Oaks:||(805) 230-2800|
|When A Death Occurs|
When a death occurs it can be an overwhelming time for the family or caregivers. Please call our mortuary at (805) 482-1166 for the Camarillo location or (805) 230-2800 for the Thousand Oaks location and one of our highly trained and dedicated personnel (not an answering service) will assist you with all of your questions 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We can help instruct you in what to expect and what to plan on next – you are not alone, we are here to help.
We can assist with planning a funeral service, cremation or transfer to another state or country – it all starts with one phone call to the mortuary. Below is a basic outline of what to expect when that phone call is made:
1. Call our mortuary of choice:
2. Our funeral director will get the location of your deceased loved one and some basic information in order to better assist your family for that moment:
3. An arrangement meeting time will be set up with the family or legal representative to come to the mortuary. Below is a list of personal information needed from you in order to fill out the Death Certificate. This information is required no matter what type of service you would like our help with.
(With this information we will procure, file and order certified copies of the death certificate for you. We will assist you with filing for Social Security and any Veterans organizations that are pertinent)
4. At the arrangement meeting we can discuss all of your options for funeral and cremation services. Each family is unique and will require our help in different ways, so please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like. We want you to be fully informed.
5. At the arrangement meeting we can assist you with writing and submitting an obituary for the newspaper. Often times a photo can be put in with the obituary as well – so we would ask that you bring a scanable photo.
6. At the arrangement meeting we will assist you with service scheduling, dates, and times. We can help you obtain a qualified and caring clergy person to conduct the service if need be. We can offer you many choices in funeral merchandise of which you can choose what best suites your family’s needs. There will never be any pressure to sway your decisions because we want you to be totally satisfied with your selections. We are only here to assist you. “We serve you as we would want to be served.”